Jan 24, 2023
Retail Store Manager – Horatio Street
The Old Yew is seeking an experienced, rockstar Retail Store Manager to head our Horatio Street team.
- Experience in retail / hospitality / customer service at Manager / Assistant Manager level
- You must be a self-starter – someone who is able to manage and prioritize tasks on their own
- Must be organized, responsive, timely, professional, and able to own client interactions and transactions
- Strong leadership, delegation and employee management skills
- Have a working knowledge of common houseplants and houseplant care
- Ability to lift / carry large plants and planters up to 40 lbs
- Ability to work on weekends and holidays
- As the Horatio Street Retail Store Manager, you will be tasked with setting the team up for success at our primary retail location.
- You will supervise the entire shop team in their daily responsibilities
- You will own the sales floor and POS station, communicate goal-setting, and relay updates in real time to ensure smooth daily operation of our business.
- Uphold our reputation as experts in our industry.
- Maintain a tidy storefront, splitting your time – in real time – between guiding the employee / customer experience and ongoing administrative responsibilities.
- Effectively communicate product and company updates to the team through various channels
- Assist in building out our training documents and SOPs, and continuously train staff on our systems (Shopify, Gmail, Google Drive, daily checklists, delivery forms and inputs)
- Maintain accurate inventory levels across product offerings (plants, pots, soil, indoor, outdoor, plant care, branded products)
- Proactively communicate issues as they arise, and always be two steps ahead.
- Have a love for and demonstrated knowledge of indoor plants
- Have a “no job is too small” attitude
- Not be afraid to get your hands dirty – we work with dirt!
This position will average 30-35 hours/week. Salary range $22-$28/hr.
About The Old Yew
The Old Yew is a quickly growing small business centered around connecting people with plants. The core of our business is our retail plant shop on Horatio Street, where we stock an incredibly wide variety of plants sourced directly from growers around the country. We also work with homeowners and interior designers through our To The Trade program to source, style & place statement plants. Additionally, we offer full-service landscape design and installation throughout New York, Westchester, and Connecticut. From expert selection of the finest specimens to white glove delivery and installation, we bring homes, offices, and outdoor spaces to glorious, green life. Grow with us!