November 8, 2023
Retail Shift Lead
The Old Yew Plant Shop is seeking a full time Retail Shift Lead with proven experience to help us as our business expands to multiple retail and warehouse locations.
- 2+ years key holder experience in retail, foodservice, or sales required
- Experience assisting clients in-person, over the phone and via email required
- Experience working with private clients and experience in a high-end or luxury service setting preferred
- Experience with plants preferred but not absolutely necessary. We’ll teach you everything you need to know, but don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!
- Ability to work at least one weekend day required
- Flexibility to work at both our Horatio Street and W 19th Street retail locations
- Positive, no-job-is-too-small attitude
- Open and close the store daily, key holder responsibilities
- Assist walk-in customers as they shop and answer general questions related to plants, plant care, or plant design
- Oversee daily retail operations, work in tandem with Retail Manager and Associates to ensure successful and smooth retail operation of the store at which you are situated
- Delegate shop responsibilities as needs arise, be comfortable tasking and overseeing other associates
- Pack & ship online and local delivery orders as needed
- Maintain shop & houseplant help email so no email goes unanswered
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the shop, restock inventory as needed
- Serve as a steward and representative of our brand
This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours per week. Start date ASAP.